Printer in wsc106
From Computer Vision at Western
The main vision lab WSC106 contains a duplex printer for the convenience of vision group members. To use the printer, new members working in WSC106 lab should first contact their advisor and, once authorized, they can add the printer using the steps below.
- Log in to any Windows XP machine using your usual RENT account.
- Open the Printers and Faxes from Control Panel and click Add a Printer.
- Select "Network printer" and click Next.
\\wints\WSC106as the network printer name (see screenshot at right).
- Finish all remaining steps using default values.
Set up duplex printing:
- In the Printers and Faxes window you should see your new printer called
- Right-click on WSC106 and select Printing preferences (see image below)
- Choose the Eco-print (two-sided printing) option and hit OK.
You may want to double check that the two-sided printing is still selected if you open the printing preferences again. The above procedure should only have to be done once.